Level 2 Technical Support Job Description
Level 2 Technical Support
Service Desk Manager
Provide IT support for clients remotely or at a client site. Find fixes, workarounds and final solutions by troubleshooting issues while providing exemplary customer service. Must be technically capable and a self-starter with strong organizational and customer service skills. May be required to travel to client sites, work weekends or after hours and work mandatory overtime when necessary.
Desired Attributes and Experience
- Customer service mentality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of computers, networks and software
- Experience using MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience with ConnectWise or other ticketing system
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when needed
- Ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technology and software
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Respond to tickets in accordance with SLA guidelines
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem solving process including actions taken through to the final resolution
- Respond in timely manner to requests and issues
- Repair and replace equipment as needed
- Provide onsite and remote support to end users
- Assist in AV setups as needed for meetings
- Assist new hire training for basic IT needs.
- Set up new workstations for users (deploying equipment, checking over account setups).
- Heavy use of Windows and Mac OS devices
- Ability to work in Active Directory
- Understanding of Cisco Meraki
- Test new technology
- Create documentation for staff for training purposes
- Resolve Tier 1 support tickets
Minimal Education/Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Associate Degree plus two years of tech support experience, or three plus years tech. support experience.
- A+ and Net+ Certification or equivalent required.